Hearing loss can be detrimental to many aspects of your life so it is best to keep your hearing in check and get help when hearing loss arises. Many people, however, don’t realize that they are losing their hearing. Getting hearing tests periodically can help to catch the hearing loss early and take the necessary steps to manage it.
Answer “yes” or “no” to the following questions to see if it’s time for a hearing test:
- Do people seem to mumble or speak in softer voices than they used to?
- Do you feel tired or irritable after a long conversation?
- Do you sometimes miss key words in a sentence or frequently need to ask people to repeat themselves?
- When you are in a group or in a crowded restaurant, is it difficult for you to follow the conversation?
- Do you often need to turn up the volume on your television or radio?
- Do you find it difficult to hear the doorbell or the telephone ring?
- Do you find it difficult to pinpoint where an object is from the noise it makes (e.g., an alarm clock or a telephone)?
- Do/did you work in a loud environment where you had to yell to speak over the noise?
- Has someone close to you mentioned you might have a problem with your hearing?
If you answered “yes” to two or more of the questions above, you should get a hearing test. Call us at 602-277-4327 to schedule an appointment.